Re: Rough Fedora 11 Install, still not working

On 06/27/2009 08:43:29 PM, David Highley wrote:
> After my 5 year old Tyan dual Opteron motherboard died in the middle
> of
> installing Fedora 11 the saga continues.
>
> Upgraded to an EVGA X58 Socket 1366 core i7 board, 965 Nehalem CPU,
> EVGA
> Nvidia 285 GTX 2G video card, and 2 Raptor 300 GB system disks
> mirrored
> in a 3Ware 9500S-8 raid controller. Tried creating a live Fedora
> thumb
> drive from Fedora 10 but liveusb-creator has a bug and has not been
> updated. Bought a usb DVD burner, all the burners were on the box in
> the process of being up graded. Burned a disc, tested bad. Booted
> from
> disc and did a network install off my web server. Install completed,
> did
> the reboot and now the system will not come up.
>
> Tried rebooting off the DVD disc to see if I could do a rescue, but
> it
> does not boot now.

Couple of things occur to me.

First, when you say your box does not boot do you mean that it does not
recognize the disk as bootable? In that case, I'd be inclined to get
myself a commercially-produced F11 disk. (CheapBytes.com, for example)

Or that it does not POST? In that case .... :-(

Second, as you have an Nvidia card, you will probably have to boot with
the vesa option -- its one of the choices on the boot menu, and then
install the driver later on.