Re: Burning .thunderbird to a cd/dvd changes r/w

Jim wrote:
> When burning  .thunderbird folder to a cd/dvd it changes the r/w
> priviledges in Mail folders to r only.
> and you say no way, well i'm sitting  here looking at the mail folders
> on the dvd and all of them say 'read'
>
> In the past I noticed if I move the .thunderbird folder onto a hard
> drive or flash drive I had no problems of putting the .thunderbird
> folder onto a new upgrade/install and it would work perfectly.

If you're talking about the copy on the cd/dvd itself, it's not
surprising in the least because that media is generally RO.

Or maybe the original become RO during the burning process? That would
make sense, because the burning app may not handle the case when you
modify the files you told it to burn. It could then burn half a file one
version and half another...
If that's what it does, and you killed the burning app halfway, the
files may have stayed RO. If you didn't, just don't try to write to them
until the burning is done.