Re: F11 scp stalls - rsync command

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 16:18 +0000, Beartooth TpBkR wrote:
>   I've been using scp to transfer data and settings around from one
> machine on my LAN to another. (I know, I should use rsync instead; I
> hope to get started learning it one of these days. Meanwhile, scp is
> the tool to hand.)
>
>     At the moment, I'm in process of copying my home directory (some
> 9.2 GB) from my #1 (F10) machine to one already upgraded to F11. But the
> scp has stopped, after doing 23% of a .jar file, saying "stalled."
>
>     What, if anything, can I do to make scp resume from where it left
> off??

Dumb question - did you wait to see if scp would resume? I have
found that when copping large amounts of data between machines, that
the receiving machine will pause the transfer every so often while
it flushes its buffers to disk. The transfer will then resume by
itself. (As long as you haven't aborted the copy manually.)

Mikkel