Re: Files corrupt on copy

Andy Campbell wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:35:36 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your files are not copying
correctly. How exactly are they corrupt? What convinces you of this?

Bob

I thought I had given enough details, simple demo ...

$cp file1.zip new_file.zip $cmp file1.zip new_file.zip
file1.zip new_file.zip differ: byte 77726613, line 292919

( It took 8 attempts for the files to be different )

Eight copy operations or eight compares after one copy? I either case I suspect hardware, particularly since you just added a drive. While it could be the AHCI driver code, I doubt it, I would suspect the drive firmware first. Are you running command queueing?

I would double check the cables on all drives, jumpers on all drives (I know, you couldn't possibly have touched...) and finally try with AHCI off and see if the issue goes away. I don't regard anything but the cables as a fix, but the other stuff falls into the diagnostics category.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>