Weird Gnome power manager behavior

I was playing with my laptop and I noticed it showed my battery was at 99.2 % full, even though it has been plugged into the AC all day. I then unplugged it from the AC and went on battery. When I looked at the battery status via the gnome-power-manager it said I had 2 hours and 50 minutes of use. I checked 10 minutes later and it said I had 1 hour 55 minutes of use left. Then I plugged it back into the AC and it said I was 97.4 % full and it would take 15 minutes to fully charge. When it got to 98.1 % full it said it would take 20 minutes to fully charge. When it got to 98.5 % full it was going to take 30 minutes until fully charged. At this rate it will take longer to charge the battery than the amount of time I was actually on battery. Either Linux/Gnome can't figure out how long it takes to charge a battery or this is one fucked up battery. It's now at 98.8 % full and it's going to take 35 minutes until fully charged. It didn't actually take that long it completed within a few minutes. Has anybody else seen this strange behavior with the gnome-power-manager (2.26.2)? This battery is less than 2 weeks old. I had to replace the original Dell battery since it died just after the warranty period ended :-( .

I'm running F11 with latest updates on a Dell Precision M65.

Paolo