Re: R: Re: [was (no subject)] Wireless in F11

On Friday 26 June 2009 14:53:07 Z3N58@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm very sorry for the object, i can assure that wasn't intenctional, i
> forgot!
> so, using the command lspci the answer is: 06:00.0 Network controller:
> Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
> i don't know lther cmd to know
> wich version of broadcom i have.
> reading tha page http://www.dnmouse.
> org/broadcom.html i can understand that is supported but afther is written
> "only tha 2.4 Ghz part" and i don't understand if with my cpu (AMD Sempron™
> SI- 42  2,1 GHz, cache L2 = 512 KB) will works!
>
> thank's everybody for the
> answers...
> ivan

OK - the chipset, which is the important bit, is BCM4312 revision 01.  If you
put

linux  BCM4312

into google or any other search engine you will find lots of answers.  At a
quick look it seems to be saying that there is not a built-in driver for this,
and you may need to use ndiswrapper with the windows driver.  I did see more
than one site with explanations of how to do this.  (Of course as newer
kernels are released this may change, and may have already changed.)

I suggest that you look through the list that the search returns for an entry
in your own language that gives a good explanation.  If you can't see one,
find a promising one in another language  then try google-translate - it won't
give a perect translation but usually it's good enough to understand.

Anne