R: Re: [was (no subject)] Wireless in F11

Hi,
i'm very sorry for the object, i can assure that wasn't intenctional, i
forgot!
so, using the command lspci the answer is: 06:00.0 Network controller:
Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
i don't know lther cmd to know
wich version of broadcom i have.
reading tha page http://www.dnmouse.
org/broadcom.html i can understand that is supported but afther is written
"only tha 2.4 Ghz part" and i don't understand if with my cpu (AMD Sempron™ SI-
42  2,1 GHz, cache L2 = 512 KB) will works!

thank's everybody for the
answers...
ivan

26/06/2009 14.24
encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."<fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Z3N58@xxxxxxxxx<Z3N58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i'm a new user of Fedora
'cause I was using another distribution of linux

>> and i want to put F11 on
my laptop (Hp 6735s) but I tryed the live version and

>> the wifi is not
working...i wanna jnow if is just a live problem and if is like

>> that
installing F11 the problem will be solved or is a problem with the

wireless hardware (Broadcom 802.11). Are just some months that i'm using linux

>> and i'm not so good at it.
>> thank's to everybody!
>> ivan
>[clipped]
>

>In my experience, Linux is still somewhat immature in the wireless
>area, but
does seem to be catching up rapidly (this is obviously a
>pretty high demand
area). As with most linux-hardware issues, the real
>problem is vendor support
for the Linux kernel.

>But I digress. I'm guessing the problem will not
magically solve
>itself just by installing F11, but I can't say for sure. I
think
>certain wireless devices just aren't supported in Linux yet, but if
>you
already had it working in another distro, then that's probably not
>the issue.
Personally, I've only tried a few different wireless
>devices with linux, but
the only one that I could get to work was the
>Linksys WUSB54GC USB Wireless
network adapter, but I think any device
>that uses Ralink rt73 chipset has good
support in Linux. Specifically,
>the drivers for this chipset are part of the
Fedora distro: I just
>recently installed F11 and didn't have to do anything
special, the USB
>wireless adapter just worked. Info on what other
chipsets/devices