Re: Some issues in F11

On 06/26/2009 04:48 AM, Chris Rouch wrote:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Bradley<pursley001@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 06/25/2009 07:47 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:09:55 -0500
Bradley wrote:

- Upon installation, the system was unable to determine what type of
monitor was available and doesn't give me the option to manually select
the monitor's type or capabilities.

You can do a "yum install system-config-display" and get back
the X config app they removed from the standard distro because
X is now perfect and never makes any mistakes :-).

Thanks, that took care of half of the problem.  Now, the other half is that
F8 supported a 1360x768 (widescreen) display mode and F11 doesn't - it keeps
defaulting to 1024x768 and will not go to the widescreen mode even when it
is listed as the only option in xorg.conf (it drops to an unsupported
display mode for some reason).  Any suggestions?

Bradley

You could try to add to xorg.conf:

Option "NoDDC"

This tells the X server to not probe the monitor for its capabilities,
but to do what it's told. You shouldn't really need it unless you're
using a kvm though.
Well, I tried this and it did absolutely nothing.

In the xorg.conf file, the only display options I have listed as valid are 1024x768 (to make sure at least one mode agrees with it) and 1360x768, in hopes that the system will finally realize that it is a viable option. When I go into the display dialog the listed display modes are 1024x786, 800x600, 640x480, etc. You will notice that the system added the extra display modes even though they are not listed as valid in the xorg.conf file. The 1360x768 display mode isn't even listed and these are what's confusing me the most.

Bradley