Re: pam_mysql problem, with md5 passwords

tor 2009-06-25 klockan 20:23 +0200 skrev Uno Engborg:
> Hi, I'm trying to use saslautd with pam_mysql to allow user to log in to
> a cyrus-imap server.
>

> If use I create users and passordes in mysql like this:
>
> insert into accountuser(username, password) values ("username",
> encrypt("userpassword"));
>
> and add enter the line below into my  /etc/pam.d/imap file:
>
> auth sufficient pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=secret host=localhost
> db=mail table=accountuser usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password
> crypt=1
>
> I can verify that everything works fine by doing:
>
> testsaslauthd -u "username" -p "usernamepassword" -s imap
> And it returns:
> 0: OK "Success.
> as it should
>
> This mean that my saslconfiguration should be OK, so far.
>

> The problem is that I need the system crypt system to use md5 as
> encryption algorithm, as I have existing users, that I want to import
> into my new imapb server.
>

> To do that I instead need to create new users and passwords with a salt
> starting witn $1$ like this:
>
> insert into accountuser(username, password) values ("username",
> encrypt("userpassword","$1$st$"));
>
> And change the /etc/pam.d/imap to:
>
> auth sufficient pam_mysql.so user=mail passwd=secret host=localhost
> db=mail table=accountuser usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password
> crypt=1  md5="true"
>
> Now testsaslauth fails.
> Any ideas, why this doesn't work?
>
> Regards
> Uno Engborg

It works!

I removed everything from thei /etc/pam.d/imap, and rewrote the whole
thing from scratch, I really can't tell the difference from before,
other than that it is now working:-)

There was probably some gremlin hiding in
the old code that I didn't see.

/uno