Re: Encrypted Root with F11

Copy your initrd somewhere (like to a directory in /tmp) and cd into it. Then

gzip -dc initrd-2.6.29.4-167.fc11.x86_64.img | cpio -id

If you do this as a non-root user, you will get error messages, but the image file is still decompressed. Then you can look at the init script and see what it is doing.

Bob