Re: need to change non-existant xorg.conf

On 25/06/09 21:06, Gary Stainburn wrote:
Using xrandr I get the following error message. I have been told that I need
to change the virtual screen size in xorg.conf to fix this.

however, when I went to do this I found that the file does not exist anywhere
on my PC.  Anyone know how I can have a working X/KDE system (I'm using it
now with kmail to write this) without this file.

Modern Xorg doesn't usually need one. It probes the hardware and display system to work out what is required and applies a set of defaults. If you have additional requirements or need to change any of the behaviour then just create /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the required settings and it will use it.

--
Ian Chapman.