Re: Fingerprint-reader not working after F10 -> F11 upgrade

Bengt Lindholm wrote:
>> Fingerprint-reader stopped working after F10 -> F11 yum-upgrade (PC
>> asked to upgrade and I klicked OK). I'm using KDE, no gdm. What to
>>do?

>Has KDM ever supported fingerprint readers? As far as I know, this is a
>planned feature upstream.

>And what model is the fingerprint reader? F11 ships with a new
>bleeding-edge libfprint which drops support for some hardware (because
>the drivers are not ported yet).

>       Kevin Kofler

I gave up and installed GDM (+ dependencies) and the fingerprintreader
works again.

About KDM support for fingerprint readers I know nothing, everything
just worked (Fedora 10) after reading the tf-tool's README-file and doig
what it said.

I prefer KDM because I don't know how to set up the GDM the way I want.
I remember vaguely, that there once was a setup-tool for GDM? And
anyway, why use GDM when KDE is more suitable for my needs?

        Bengt