F11 yum strange behaviour

I just finished updating my f9 machine, and thought I'd check my F11 machine for updates. It told me there were some, but then when I tried to update them, it renigged on me?

$ yum check-update
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, downloadonly, fastestmirror, merge-conf, refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B 00:00 updates/metalink | 4.5 kB 00:00 updates | 4.4 kB 00:00 updates/primary_db | 1.6 MB 00:01
apr.i586                                                                         1.3.5-1.fc11                                                          updates
apr-util.i586                                                                    1.3.7-1.fc11                                                          updates
apr-util-ldap.i586                                                               1.3.7-1.fc11                                                          updates
audit.i586                                                                       1.7.13-1.fc11                                                         updates
audit-libs.i586                                                                  1.7.13-1.fc11                                                         updates
audit-libs-python.i586                                                           1.7.13-1.fc11                                                         updates
cpuspeed.i586                                                                    1:1.5-9.fc11                                                          updates
gupnp-av.i586                                                                    0.4.1-1.fc11                                                          updates
japanese-bitmap-fonts.noarch                                                     0.20080710-7.fc11                                                     updates
kernel.i586                                                                      2.6.29.5-191.fc11                                                     updates
kernel-firmware.noarch                                                           2.6.29.5-191.fc11                                                     updates
kernel-headers.i586                                                              2.6.29.5-191.fc11                                                     updates
libhangul.i586                                                                   0.0.9-1.fc11                                                          updates
libicu.i586                                                                      4.0.1-4.fc11                                                          updates
libpurple.i586                                                                   2.5.7-1.fc11                                                          updates
mysql-libs.i586                                                                  5.1.35-1.fc11                                                         updates
pidgin.i586                                                                      2.5.7-1.fc11                                                          updates
transmission.i586                                                                1.72-1.fc11                                                           updates
$ sudo yum -y update
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, downloadonly, fastestmirror, merge-conf, refresh-packagekit
Determining fastest mirrors
updates/metalink | 4.5 kB 00:00 * fedora: mirrors.reflected.net
 * updates: mirrors.reflected.net
adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B 00:00 adobe-linux-i386/primary | 11 kB 00:00 adobe-linux-i386 17/17 updates | 4.4 kB 00:00 Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
$ sudo yum -y update
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, downloadonly, fastestmirror, merge-conf, refresh-packagekit
 * fedora: mirrors.reflected.net
 * updates: mirrors.reflected.net
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
$ yum check-update
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, downloadonly, fastestmirror, merge-conf, refresh-packagekit
$

I thought that once yum found updates, it kept the updated metadata around and kept trying other mirrors until it found the updates. Why did they disappear? Why can't it find them now? Is this a function of the stablemirror plugin which I haven't installed on this machine yet?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx