Re: Graphics card recommendation?

On 06/24/2009 03:04 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:
Certainly with the advent of the DRI2 utter and complete rewrite
of 3d support in the server, everyone is either giving up or
taking a long time to cath up (it is never clear which :-).

As near as I can tell, the only option for getting even a little
above par 3d at the moment is nvidia using the nvidia binary
drivers.

This is bullshit. Intel integrated graphics (except the GMA 500) just work.
Non-HD Radeons just work too.

         Kevin Kofler

Actually, your post is bullshit. Have you ever tried playing HD video on an Intel chipset? It just works if your definition of "works" is "looks like glitchy shit". Adding an Nvidia card fixed my video problems.

John