Re: OT Qwest dsl gotchas for linux, F10 x86_64

stan wrote:
> Third, their tech support will tell you that the smtp server,
> smtp.live.com uses port 25 and ssl.  Unfortunately, that is not true.
> They use a combination of TSL and ssl.  The only client that I tried
> that could do this was claws.  I set the smtp authenticate, leaving the
> userid and password blank so that it would use the pop3 userid and
> password.  And I set the option to use starttls and ssl.  I did not try
> evolution, perhaps it would have worked out of the box with its greater
> windows compatibility.

I'm fairly sure KMail would have worked, just by setting "TLS" (which really
means STARTTLS, it doesn't matter what version of SSL is used in the end).
KMail even has a button which makes it try to autodetect the server's
capabilities so you don't have to configure the protocol at all.

        Kevin Kofler