RE: Fedora 11 top sata II speeds

>I'm trying to know which is my SD's top speed (theoretically, 3 Gbps).

The 3 Gbps you speak of is the bandwidth of the controllers port, if your
SATA drive is a SATA II variant, its port bandwidth is 300MB/s but you
typically only achieve 1/4 of that for the device itself.

This is how the use case for SAS expanders validates and how we can create
SAN's with so many discs. Rather than restate what's already well written,
have a quick read of this doc:

http://www.scsita.org/aboutscsi/sas/SAS_Expander.doc

>Also, if possible, I'd like to know how to get the most of them. Maybe
>there's some tweak or something I can do to make them work even
>better.

Make sure your drive isn't jumpered for compatibility into SATA I mode
(not so common anymore) and make sure your SATA controller on your mobo
is set to AHCI.

HTH,
jlc