Re: Installation FC11 failed

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

Patrick Dupre wrote:
Hello,

I tried to install FC11 and it failed.
                    ^^^^
                    F11
1). I tried to use my internet card Realtek Semiconductor RTL-8139
                       ^^^^^^^^
                       ethernet
which works fine with FC10, but it does not have been recognized in
                       ^^^^
                       F10
FC11. I tried both the DHCP and the manual configuration. Is it not supported in FC11 ?

I have it working just fine in a Dell Dimension 3000. RTL-8139, using the 8139too driver. Is this an installed system, or during install that you have this problem?
Yes during the install with the DVD. Is this driver on the DVD ?

2). I stopped the installation after I configurated the package installation (setting the packages that I wanted to install), becasue after 15 mn, nothing was happening. The installation seems froozen. However, anaconda stage2 was running and consuming 100% of the CPU. It was supposed to
check the package dependency.

Ouch, never a good thing to do.  Are there any incomplete transactions?
(what does yum-complete-transaction say)
I stopped the install. I can only try again. I do not think that
anything has been installed. Anaconda was checking on the dependencies
which never ended. My understanding was that no packages have been
downloaded.
What is doing anaconda during stage2 ?

Is their a timeout to check the packages ?
In fact I was relatively fast in this stage because I did not choice
many packages ! What was going on ?

Thank.

Regards.

--