Re: two F11 issues

On 06/23/2009 06:35 AM, fred smith wrote:
Do you know if anyone has filed a Bugzilla against this problem?

Good question. I forgot to check.

These two look relevant, at least:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_id=507628,507629

It might be a good idea to go ahead and file a new one specifically for the specific printer model, and include a reference to those existing issues.

> I was digging around on the Brother web site last night, after reading
> your mail, and couldn't find any mention of Linux. They certainly used
> to have Linux drivers, but I couldn't find anything. Do you suppose
> they've backslid on their Linux commitment? or is it hiding somewhere
> else?

No idea. I've never tried to find their Linux stuff, just followed links from other sites. It seems unusual for any vendor to crow about their Linux support.

Here's the openprinting page for the printer:
http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-HL-2070N

There's a link to the Brother support site on that page, but here it is again:
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html

<Joe