Re: Error running Maple 7 on Fedora 10

William M. Quarles wrote:
> Tony Nelson wrote:
>>>>
>>> I think that you are right, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about
>>> it.
>>>
>>> I ran '/sbin/ldconfig', no help. I tried adding /usr/local/lib/ to
>>> that command line in order to be sure that my relocated compat
>>> libraries were found.
>>>
>>> [root@quarlewm2 bin]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
>>> include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
>>
>> FWIW, when I needed to I just added "/usr/local/lib" at the top of
>> /etc/ld.so.conf, like the various files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, and
>> then ran `ldconfig` (no options or paths).
>>

> I don't know what "FWIW" means (for what it's worth?), but thanks for
> the info. However, the error message "dirname: error while loading
> shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory" still appears no matter what I try. Also since this
> error started, I cannot get Gnome-Package-Kit Application
> (gpk-application) to get past "Waiting for service to start" once I
> have told it which packages to install.
>
> Peace,
> William

If you know what binary is issuing the error message you can....

readelf -d <binary> | grep RPATH

to determine the library path of the binary.

I've also found that "ldd -v <binary>" is helpful in tracking down
problems in that area.

--
Xerox never comes up with anything original. Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg