Re: F11 upgrade - worse than Windows

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade a Thinkpad T23 (with preupgrade) from F10.
Everything went fine until "Finishing upgrade process",
which has been running now for 14 hours,
with that ghastly imitation-Windows yo-yo swinging from side to side.

I am told, "This may take a little while" !!!

Please, this is Linux.
Tell us what is happening,
and show us what progress is being made.

I saw this too (but not for that long). Going into a shell I saw that anaconda was only taking ~2%CPU and that my load averages were low and that no significant data was coming in over the network, so I'm not sure what is happening over this time.

It might be worth filing a bug about this since it doesn't seem right that the computer sits in an idle state for so long at the end of the install. I suspect that it should be a lot quicker than this and that on some systems something takes ages to time out.

Simon.