Re: Problems Installing Fedora x86_64

Craig,
Keep in mind I am trying.

After I do "chroot /mnt/sysimage"
grub-install /dev/sda fails

I do find a boot/grub folder but no file under the name grub.conf.

The files I find are the same as the ones shown below.

Thanks for your patience

On Jun 23, 2009, at 12:46 AM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 00:25 -0500, Daniel J Celta wrote:
Ok I fou d the folder under

/mnt/sysimage/boot/grub

The files under this folder are:

Device.map
E2fs_stage1_5
fat_stage1_5
ffs_stage1_5
iso9660_stage1_5
jfs_stage1_5
minix_stage1_5
reiserfs_stage1_5
stage1
stage2
ufs2_stage1_5
vstafs_stage1_5
xfs_stage1_5

Let me know what you think
Thanks

On Jun 22, 2009, at 10:41 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 22:34 -0500, Daniel J Celta wrote:
Craig,
Like you said the command "grub-install -v /dev/sda" works.
It returs the following:

"grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97)"

After exit the chroot and the shell reboot.
Andafter taking out the DVD,  the computer hangs and do not do
anyting......????
----
you can try 'grub-install -v /dev/sdb' and then for sdc and sdd - the thinking is that the device order is different when you boot from DVD
and when you don't.

If that fails, you might want to post the contents
of /boot/grub/grub.conf
----
It would be helpful if you followed the instructions that I have given
you twice already, to chroot to the installed files.

You must 'linux rescue' boot which you are doing.

After it locates the partitions, you must type the command...

chroot /mnt/sysimage

at that point, you should have a /boot with a /boot/grub directory and a
file called /boot/grub/grub.conf

if you haven't done the chroot command, and you don't have a /boot
directory with a /boot/grub directory inside, any grub-install command
will fail.

Craig

believed to be clean.