Re: OpenOffice Calc slow on F11?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM, David L wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Alan Evans wrote:
>
>> Like, go to an empty cell and type a number and hit enter then several
>> seconds pass before the screen redraws and the number appears in the
>> cell.
>
> I don't see this behavior.

Actually, I don't see it either -- on a fresh spreadsheet. I just tried.

I really only have one spreadsheet that I actually use. It gets
updated once a day. The sheet consists of two columns, one date, one
value, and two scatter charts based on the data. There are currently
just under 800 rows. So it's not very complicated as spreadsheets go.

Once a day, I insert a column near the top (column insert also now
takes an incredibly long time) and enter into the two empty cells.
This procedure is now intolerably slow. It used to be merely pokey.
And since it only happened once a day, I could handle it. But now it's
taking me around a minute to insert two numbers into a spreadsheet.
Very frustrating.

*sigh* Thanks anyway. Looks like this isn't a common enough problem
for me to have any hope of it getting fixed. Maybe I'll try porting
this data to another spreadsheet program. (I hear Excel under wine is
a bit faster...)