Re: F11 XKB troubles

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Beartooth TpBkR wrote:

	One one machine, I keep getting half a dozen popups that all
say :

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
10601901

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd

I had that on an install created from a Fedora 11 beta live CD. In the end I got rid of it by renaming .gconf and letting it create a fresh .gconf (as it was a test install I didn't care what other settings I lost).

	Michael Young