Re: the inevitable flash question :-).

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:23:50 -0700
Suvayu Ali wrote:

IMHO its too much pain to have multi-libs. If nothing else, it increases the download size of updates. 64bit flash has never given me any problems even though its beta. My previous experience with 32bit flash was not as smooth.

I would love to use the 64 bit flash, but adobe doesn't have a 64 bit
repo setup yet as near as I can tell, so I'd have to keep manually
polling for updates. With the adobe repo and 32 bit flash, I get
updates for it and everything else with a simple yum update. Maybe
when it gets out of beta they'll have a 64 bit repo setup...

I have run the 64 bit flash at work since it came out. At home I just set up a 64 bit machine and the file is months old. No real reason to keep polling for new updates all the time.

I would look at using it as it seems very solid.
--
Robin Laing