Re: x86_64 install stuck "no driver found"

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Mike Chambers<mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Like I mentioned below, why not just try the install "as is" and let it
> try to "detect" your drivers first?  I use forcedeth and it's detected
> automatically as well.

I did not see any option to get out of that infinite loop - get "no
driver", then "select driver", and repeat. Do have the "back" button,
but that goes back to the start. No way to get out of it for the
x86_64 install.
And not even clear what driver it is complaining about - says
"installation media driver problem" - can't be network (I'm not
installing from network), can't be DVD (I'm installing from DVD, and
it booted from DVD, and started the install process), maybe it is the
on-board SATA driver for the hard-drive? The x86_64 install also used
a text-based menu
Then I tried the i386 version and that goes through the full install
process just fine, and uses graphical menu.