Re: Getting Puppetd To Work

On 06/20/2009 11:16 PM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
Robert L Cochran wrote:
How do I rename my server to be "puppet" as you suggest?

If you have local DNS setup, you can add puppet as a CNAME for your
server.  If not, you could add it to /etc/hosts.  I've always done the
former.

Okay, so that would work like this:

puppet.                              CNAME     deafeng3.signtype.info.
deafeng3.signtype.info     A               192.168.4.75

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll give it a try pending confirmation. This would be very helpful material in the reductivelabs.com tutorial for puppet.

How do I recreate the puppetmaster certificates?

I think just removing /var/lib/puppet/ssl is the simplest way.  (Move
it elsewhere if you want to safe.)  Do this on both the client and the
server, if they are different.  When you start the puppetmaster again
it will create new certificates.

I'll give this a whirl too.