Re: RocketRAID 1740 and Fedora 10

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 16:37:13 -0400,
  Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 16:28 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> > Does anyone know what could be wrong?
>
> Damn it...sent in the question, replied to my own thread, and then I
> found the answer:
>
> http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/faq_linuxgeneral_q6.htm
>
> I'll have to use their proprietary driver.

If you aren't dual booting a Windows OS you should consider just using
the card as a nonraid controller and use software raid. It doesn't look
like that card comes with battery backed cache, so it probably won't help
noticably with performance. By using software raid, you aren't tied to
the hardware and if the controller dies you don't need to buy the same
card to get your data back.