Re: Can't play MP3 files.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 13:42:18 -0700,
  stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
> You need to install the rpmfusion-nonfree repositories and install a
> version that has mp3 support.  Links to these other repositories are
> available on the fedora site

I believe that is incorrect. (At least gstreamer stuff is not found in the
nonfree repository.)

The free repository is for free code that is not included in Fedora for some
reason, including not being usable in some locations because of say software
patents or because that kind of package is prohibitted by policy, such as kmods.

The nonfree repository is for nonfree code. Typically this is stuff with
no commercial use restrictions. Though there could be other reasons, I really
haven't looked at this repository much except for some games.