Re: how to start KDE in F11?

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:14:24 -0700
Dave Stevens wrote:

> I've just switched from F7 and don't find the desktop environment
> choice at login, where do I look for this?

The ever helpful gnome (so-called) designers have chosen to not show
that option at all until you type (or select) a user name, then,
rather than appearing near your line of sight in the login
dialog box, it appears down at the bottom of the screen on the
bar down there where they hope no one will notice it so everyone
will use their ever so perfect gnome interface all the time :-).