RE: clone

I had a similar situation where the user had enriched his machine with many packages, not all of which were available from the Fedora repositories. I am assuming that the software you enriched the machine with were all rpm's or built from sources that you still have.

So, this is what was done. It is tedious and a little time consuming, but it does the job.

After you install your new machine with  your chosen Fedora release/Architecture,
copy from your original machine the output of rpm -qa to a file on the new machine.
On the new machine, massage this file as follows:

sed 's/-[0-9].*$//'  list-of-installed-rpms-file  > newl
ist

allpkgs=""
for pkg in `cat
newlist`; do
allpkgs="$allpkgs + $pkg"
done

This list could be huge, so you might not be able specify this list as an argument to yum (Shell has a limited buffer for command line args). So, you do this

echo $allpkgs | sudo xargs yum install

Some packages may already be installed. No problem there.
Some packages might not exist in the new release you have installed on the new machine.
Be sure that you have installed same repo files on new machine as you had on old machine.
Also, be sure that these repo files do not explicitly specify the release version and the architecture.
If they do, throw them out or change every occurrence of the explicit release to
$releasever , and every explicit architecture to $basearch
These repos might or might still not have the packages for your new Fedora  installation.
In such cases, you will have to resort to the web to find them.

As far as the packages that were built and installed from sources on your original machine, you
will have to copy the sources to the new machine, and re-configure, rebuild  and install.

Good luck,

MK