Re: NetworkManager and extra options in /etc/resolv.conf

On 18/06/09 18:31, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
Due to local network setup I need to add a line to /etc/resolv.conf
("options single-request"), otherwise I lose two out of three DNS
lookups. Is there any way to make NM add this line when writing
/etc/resolv.conf? (other than hacking the code and explicitly adding
it for every network I connect to through DHCP)

Not sure if NetworkManager uses dhclient underneath, but if it does then you can probably use dhclient.conf(5), which lets you override, add local settings etc.

Alternatively, from the NetworkManager man page:

"NetworkManager will execute scripts in the /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d directory in alphabetical order in response to network events."

It should be fairly trivial to add a script here which is executed automatically when NetworkManager brings an interface online to append/insert additional lines into /etc/resolv.conf

--
Ian Chapman.