F11 Samba intermittent & sluggish

I have two Fedora 11 boxes here (installed from the i686 Live CD) and
each of them has a single Samba share that is supposed to be
accessible to everyone. I set both boxes up the same way, creating the
shares something like this:

[root@box /]# mkdir /srv/public_samba
[root@box /]# chmod go+w,t /srv/public_samba
[root@box /]# service smb start
[root@box /]# service nmb start
[root@box /]# system-config-samba &

and added my share, specifying my share path, share name, and checked
the "Writable" (sic) and "Visible" boxes and "Allow access for
everyone". Under "Server Settings" I left the defaults except that I
selected "nobody" for the guest account.

Using system-config-firewall I opened up my smb ports, though I shut
it down just to make sure I didn't have a firewall problem. Now, when
I test the shares using smbclient from any machine on my network or
even the machine hosting the share I have intermittent results. Check
out the attached session. Anyone else having this sort of problem?

Tim
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.3.2-0.33.fc11]

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	box      public  Disk
	IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server Version 3.3.2-0.33.fc11)
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
[user@box ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102 -U guest
Enter guest's password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.3.2-0.33.fc11]

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	box     public  Disk
	IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server Version 3.3.2-0.33.fc11)
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.3.2-0.33.fc11]

	Server               Comment
	box              Samba Server Version 3.3.2-0.33.fc11
	BOX              Samba Server Version 3.3.2-0.33.fc11

	Workgroup            Master