Re: yum question

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Suvayu Ali wrote:
Markus Kesaromous wrote:
In instances when access to the net is not available,
but the distro DVD is available.
How can one get yum to resolve dependencies automagically
from the Packages directory of the mounted DVD?

goto /etc/yum.repos.d/  and create a repo file. You can use another file
like fedora.repo as your template. change the repo location to the mount
point for the DVD. Something like file:///path/to/DVD/. Name your repo
with something like localrepo. Then do,

$ yum --disablerepo=fedora,updates install <package>

This should do it. :)

PS: don't forget to put enabled=1 in the new repo file you create.

I wounder if you could just copy the medio.repo file from the DVD.

Mike

I checked the contents of that file after you mentioned it.

[InstallMedia]
name=Fedora 11
mediaid=1243981097.897160
metadata_expire=-1
gpgcheck=0
cost=500

Can't make heads or tails of this. Looks like a few lines like "baseurl=" are missing.

--
Suvayu