Re: fd0 module going crazy

On 12/23/-28158 02:59 PM, Steve Berg wrote:
Got a new Fedora 11 install on a x86_64 system and the console is pretty
much unusable because I keep getting the following errors about one every
3 or 4 seconds.

end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

The activity light on the floppy drive is on and stays lit even though
there is no floppy disk in the drive.  If I do "rmmod floppy" the console
messages stop but the activity light stays lit.  The only way I can get
the messages to stop and the drive activiy light to go off is to disable
the floppy drive in BIOS, course I can't access the drive then either.

Anyone with an idea of what's going on here and how to fix it?

its DeviceKit

try killall devkit-disks-daemon

its in bugzilla but I don't have the number handy.