Re: F11: No video -- anaconda or live -- 8800GTX

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/06/09 18:46, Jake Peavy wrote:
All,

Was going to put F11 on my Dell XPS710, but neither Anaconda installer
(on x86_64 installation DVD) nor x86 LiveUSB bring up video.

Did you try basic mode Xdriver=vesa  on the dvd,

Yes, to no avail (X startup failed)

I could certainly install in text mode but half the point of going to F11 was to try out nouveau on my card and I'm not sure if this experience means I'm going to have a lot of problems with it.  (ext4 would be nice too after seeing the phoronix benchmarks..)

--
-jp

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com