Re: Problems with NFS in Fedora 11 ppc

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Dmitry Zaletnev <dzaletnev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

the resulting output is:

clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

wildish guess - rpcbind is misconfigured or not running.Try /etc/init.d/rpcbind restart. Or selinux or firewall settings could also be raining on your parade. Look for log entries in /var/log/messages for troubleshooting clues. Logs on the server side probably more interesting. Does nfsd even notice the client is there? Does it complain about something?

On my setup, I'd also be tempted to see if ypbind is okay, but that's because I'm in an NIS shop and our NFS depends on NIS for authentication. Yours could be completely different, probably not relevant for you.
Dave