Re: OpenJDK / IcedTea is ###p

On 6/13/2009 2:11 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/13/2009 11:38 AM, David wrote:
>
>> I need 'the real stuff' for several things. And, in spite of people such
>> as you, that is what I am going to use. I will continue to 'try' the
>> Linux 'knock-offs' and when they do the job? Great. Until? I need 'the
>> real stuff'.
>
> Assuming this rant is directed at OpenJDK vs Sun JDK, OpenJDK is almost
> 100% the same codebase and not really a "knock-off". Nothing wrong with
> knock-offs anyway considering that Linux itself is sort of one.
>
> Rahul

Rahul,

That rant was directed at Kevin. I greatly appreciate the work that you,
and the others at Fedora do every day. Truly I do.

I just bothers me when the zealots and purists can not see that what
'feeds' takes precedent over ideals. there are many of us.

It is 'really cool' the be a 'Linux person', a zealot, until it does not
put the 'bread' on the table.

Rant. Rave. Stomp your feet and scream all that you want to. When it
come to my kids? Hungry for a 'cause' loses to reality every time.

I use what works to provide the bread.
--

  David