Re: OpenJDK / IcedTea is ###p

Arduino software (from http://www.arduino.cc/ ) needs the Sun Java version to run properly. This is what the Java alternatives system is for. You can install the Sun JDK yourself and add it to the alternatives and then make it your default Java system. I also need Sun Java for work-related projects. I think the reality is, most people still do have a real and pressing need (think "paycheck" and "promotion") for the Sun Java version.

Bob