Re: Fresh Fedora 11 fetches 362MB+ of updates, where's deltaRPM?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/12/2009 12:55 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, but I guess you meant:
>
> "Go to System->Administration-> Add/Remove Programs, and select yum-presto".
>
> It's best not to assume that the user is comfortable with the command
> line, even while I have no problem doing so.

Well intended advice,
Thanks

I think but it is pretty hard to follow.

Command line is desktop environment independent and tends to stay
consistent between releases while graphical interfaces change quite a
bit and there is a different one for GNOME, KDE and so on.

I bet that the vast majority of newcomers  use the default  desktop environment, innit?
OK, let's narrow it to two: Gnome and KDE. ;-)

If someone
asks for Delta RPMs specifically, it is in fact pretty safe to assume he
or she has enough understanding to use the command line. Fedora users in
my experience answering questions for years on this list, tend to have
this understanding. If not, they can always ask for more clarification.

See we're already putting more time debating the merits of command-line advice than it'd have taken you to include a second line in your reply: "or if you prefer to do it from the Gnome desktop, go to (x) ad then (y)".

OK,  don't want to argue, mine was just a friendly comment.

Thanks again,
FC