turning off SELinux during install?

One of the things I still need to turn off during the install is SELinux.
Don't ask me why, it just needs to be off.

Why is it that there isn't an advanced option for this during the
install, or did I miss this? During the Fedora 11 install, as usual I
re-use my existing account on /home (from a non-distro bound partition)
but this time I got a message saying

   "fixing attributes for home directory ...."

which i'm sure was SELinux based. After patiently waiting for 10 minutes,
I just gave up and went back, made a temp account, rebooted and turned
SELinux off. What on earth does it need to do to my (admittedly large)
home directory that it take more than 10 minutes, that wasn't a way
to impress me, I don't remember this feature in previous versions of Fedora.

Peter (who is still using Fedora 9 but soon hopes to be on 11)