Re: SMART - Please shut up!!

On 6/9/2009 5:03 PM, David wrote:
On 6/9/2009 3:23 PM, Andrew Jamison wrote:

Ok i understand the reasoning behind displaying when drives are failing
using SMART but for the love of all that is holy is there a shut up
button somewhere? I knew the first 40 times that it told me my drive was
failing i do not need a reminder every time i login how do i disable
this notification.

If it was *me* I would replace the harddrive. That would do two things.
It solves the major problem, the dying HD, and also eliminates the dying
HD warning.  :-)

Or you can turn this dying HD warning off in the computers BIOS. That's
where mine is set yo on. That will turn off the warning so that one day
it will just die a peaceful surprise death. Taking your data with it.

lol the drive is reporting as failing because of 2 bad sectors when I can afford to it shall be replaced but can not afford a new drive at present maybe next month