Thuderbird focus stealing

  Hello all,
I have a UI issue with thunderbird. When I reply to an email the next thing I do is drag it into the corresponding 'dealt with email on that subject' folder
Maybe this is an unusual behaviour.
The problem is that as I drag it a notification pops up in the bottom right
corner saying my mail is delivered, and it messes up the mouse focus. I
am still dragging, but I cannot drop. So I have to let go, go back to the
mail and pick it up again.
  Sounds trivial but it happens so often it gets frustrating.
    Any ideas how to avoid this?
      Thanks,
         Bill