Re: do I have to worry about these disk errors?

Lainaus "Gianluca Cecchi" <gianluca.cecchi@xxxxxxxxx>:

I got the errors indicated below. Only one time at the moment.
The system is F10 x86_64. I didnt' get any application error from a
user point of view.
Actually in latest times I got some files downloaded from browser
without giving error but indeed not correctly (after md5sum). Donna if
caused by browser bug itself or disk,,,,
And quite often firefox segfaults....

Yes, you really should! This looks a lot like your hard drive is failing!

If I were you, I'd hurry to
a) backup all important data and
b) get myself a new hard drive and transfer everything to it.

You can verify the diagnosis with

# smartctl -A /dev/sda

If you have a nonzero number in one or more of the following fields
 Reallocated_Sector_Ct
 Current_Pending_Sector
 Offline_Uncorrectable
then your hard drive is failing. Especially if you have something in the latter two you should panic.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor