Re: how to install wmware in foedora 64

David wrote:
That I would not know. But it did not, to me, sound like he was wanting
to run an actual 'server' system. More like a desktop in a Desktop.

That's how I use it. I'm not sure how much "extra" resources is taken up by the "server" version over the desktop version, but, it doesn't cost me money, and is just as free as what you were offering. Perhaps in a business (as opposed to a personal) setting, that may change.

The OP is completely free to do as he wishes. As are you of course.IMO.

Thanks.  B^)

I offered him a free, both in cost and software, solution. I was not
aware that anything other that VMware Player was available for no money
from VMware. Not calling you names but I would have to see that offer.
Could you supply a URL to that? Please.

Looking for it.  I'm running:  VMware-server-2.0.0-122956.x86_64
downloaded directly from VMWare....

http://www.vmware.com/download/

4th choice down is VMWare Server          -> free download

-2.0.1 seems to be the current version (built 3/31/2009)

on the download/server page is says: "For VMware Server 2.0x, free serial numbers are provided as part of the download process."

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx