Re: Graphics card recommendation?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Kevin Kofler wrote:

If you can part with around $40 US, you can find nVidia Quadro FX 2000
cards that will knock your socks off (yes, OVERKILL).
Bad recommendation. The OP wants cards which just work in Fedora. NVidia
is the exact opposite. Don't buy NVidia!

Actually, some kind soul (in Dublin) gave me an old AGP card gratis,
but when I looked in the machine I saw that though it has an AGP slot,
it also has a built-in video card, attached directly to the motherboard.
I'm wondering if I install the card I've been given in the AGP slot,
can I disable the built-in card, (a) in Linux, and (b) in Windows?

I guess I'd better ask about (b) elsewhere!

The answer is usually:  (c) in the CMOS setup

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx