Re: No icons or panels in Desktop, just wallpaper

On 06/03/2009 11:15 AM, ashin george wrote:
I'm a beginner and had got a Fedora core 7 in my Laptop., It worked fine
in the first days. But now on logging in to the desktop there is no
Panels or Icons in the desktop. Just the Wallpaper. The cursor appears
and it can be moved. I can't do anything., I just restarted. Done it
many times but same thing happens.
**
*Configuration*
Intel Celeron-M 560, 2.13/1M/533
512MB DDRII 667
80GB SATA HDD

To get past this immediate hurdle, I think you can delete the directory ~/.gconf from a command-line and restart your machine. Gnome will then re-create your desktop environment.

If you're using KDE, this doesn't apply...