booting from USB on old machine without USB boot support

I'm playing around with F11 pre-release, and wanted to install from the
DVD on an old PII I have here. trouble is I don't have a spare (working)
DVD drive, but I do have a USB DVD drive.

This machine is old enough it won't boot from the USB DVD, so I was
wondering if there is a way to make a bootable CD from the DVD, and
use that bootable CD as we used to use boot floppies, back in the day,
to boot the system far enough to allow access to the DVD and to then
run the installation from the DVD.

Anybody know?

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------