Re: I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ... (Gene Heskett)

On Friday 29 May 2009, Pat Kane wrote:
> >Gene Heskett wrote:
> > And the last time I looked, a bit over a month ago, there was no hint of
>
>Let me Google that for you:
>    <http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pulse+audio>
>gets us to:
>    <http://www.pulseaudio.org/>
>which pointed us to:
>    <http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/pavucontrol/>
>
>Pat
>---

BTDT.  Wasn't interested enough in advertising crap to buy the T-shirt.

And this latter link contains squat about how to set it up, and whats required
to make it work.  To quote from it: "Works perfectly".  And it is even
referred to as the Pulse Audio Volume Control.  No claims that it is THE
configuration tool.

So I reinstalled it, as stated in a previous message, with so far zero effect.

Do I have to restart X?, reboot?, locate a virgin (there is a very short
supply of them in my age category hereabouts, I'd go so far as to say they are
pure unobtainium) to sacrifice?

But I think the best question of all is:

Why can't all of this audio crap have a 'service audio restart'? function?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Most seminars have a happy ending.  Everyone's glad when they're over.