Re: WSJ - Article on Linux netbooks

Max Pyziur wrote:

> Little Laptops With Linux Have Compatibility Issues
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124346723960760371.html#mod=todays_us_personal_journal
>

> fyi,
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz@xxxxxxxxx

"All the netbooks I tried had compatibility problems with other external
devices. The netbooks couldn't load the software drivers to let me print
to my Canon and Dell printers. I couldn't load pictures over a USB cable
from my Canon PowerShot SD750 digital camera. I was able to get my
pictures on the machines by plugging a storage card from my camera
directly into the netbooks."

Yup, I've experienced exactly the same problems. Printers being the
worst, of course, since I just use the SD card readers to transfer
pictures from the camera.

Is there a driver wrapper for printers out there (similar to
ndiswrapper)? If not, there should be :P