Re: SELinux preventing D-Bus starting ConsoleKit etc - Was: F10 - pulseaudio not running

On 05/20/2009 04:23 AM, Mike Fleetwood wrote:
I wrote:
I can see that on my functioning desktops that before login, gdm has
been granted read-write access, via ACLs, to the sound device files in
/dev/snd/.  After GDM login my user is granted read-write instead.

On my broken desktop there are no ACLs granting extra permissions.  I
have now restored the original permissions on the /dev/snd/* files and
added my user read-write access via ACLs.  Still pulseaudio does not
start.

I also noticed that on my broken desktop, console-kit-daemon is not
running.  So far I have only found that console-kit-daemon may have
been started with /etc/rc.d/init.d/ConsoleKit circa Fedora 8.  That
consoleKit service script been removed in Fedora 10 and I don't yet
know how console-kit-daemon is meant to be started.

Is console-kit-daemon running even relevant to GDM adding ACLs for the
console user to access devices?  Probably.  Is this relevant to why
pulseaudio fails to start?  Don't know as even when standard file
permissions, rather than ACLs, allowed access to /dev/snd/* pulseaudio
died on startup.